Omega-3 fatty acids
Fat burning power of omega-3
Overall Health Benefits
Fish oils also provide a host of other health benefits. They have been shown to be effective for:
- preventing heart disease, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, menstrual pain, raynaud's syndrome, stroke, weak bones, kidney problems, bipolar disorder and psychosis.
- Protecting yourself from air pollution
- Reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Reducing the signs of aging
- Improving fat burning
- Boosting brain power and memory
- Preserving lean muscle
- Improving bone health
Dietary Sources of Omega-3
Omega-3 fatty acids are derived from two sources – plant source (Alpha-Lipoic Acid), and animal source (fish oil).
Dietary sources of ALA - soybean, canola and flaxseed and chia seed.
Dietary sources of fish oil - herring, mackerel, salmon, and sardines.
ALA vs. fish oil – in studies, both forms have been shown to increase fat loss, however, ALA has also been shown to help you store the carbohydrates you eat in muscle or in your liver as opposed to in fat cells. This gives ALA supplements an edge when consuming a high carb meal.
What to look for in a supplement
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.